About Me

I have little time for.....well, anything. 4 kids, job, and yes, I decided at 33 that further education seemed like fun. I am terribly interested in politics, social problems, and brain injury.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Ha! I Love Politics

I'm terribly excited to see what the Tea Party brings to the table besides a lot of talk. Do not misunderstand, I am a peace loving liberal, so far left I'm off my political axis. I do not agree with ANYTHING the Tea Party says or does. I do tend to think they are not terribly realistic about their goals or about what they stand for. I think they are massive propagators of fear and some of the biggest spreaders of propaganda. I also believe they pander to what they believe people want to hear, that people want to go back to a simpler time.

Whew! All of that being said I am still curious about what they will bring to the table and how this will impact the Democrats and Republicans both. I suspect that they cannot make government run the way they think they can. I also suspect their voters will be terribly disappointed when they find out exactly how our political system works, something must be voted through and the president can veto it. Yes, that's right VETO. The Tea Parties constituents will also be disappointed with compromise. The Tea Party will soon be put to the test as they will have to vote on crucial legislation, legislation beyond that of disposing of Health Care Reform. I fear we will see a lot of government waste and not in the form of liberal spending, but in the form of government going nowhere.

I have been quite excited by our political climate for quite some time. People are whipped up into a frenzy. Everyone from every political party. People legitimately think government matters, their vote counts. The Tea Party comes from a stagnate political climate, not the fear of government. The black guy in office doesn't hurt either. Despite what people say, not everyone is comfortable with it and their unease is a perfect environment to present an extreme political party.

No comments:

Post a Comment